God love you, you guys annoy me, but hopefully this will shut you up for five minutes at least.
The tail end of 09, saw four gentleman who did time in Burnt by the SunThe Dillinger Escape Plan & The Postman Syndrome, that currently play in Municipal Waste and East of the Wall as well, start charting out sea changes. Argonauts have set their own course in heavy music, unconcerned with limitation or agenda. Hold Fast.
The name certainly interests me; I’m a huge ancient Greek mythology nerd, so the whole Jason angle is a big plus for me, but the man fronting this promising outfit will probably prove to be the bigger draw for most people: none other than Mr. Dimitri Minakakis, former vocalist of the Dillinger Escape Plan. DEP enthusiasts will know that Minakakis, who was the band’s vocalist up to and including 1999′s genre-bending album Calculating Infinity, left the band to focus on his graphic design business amongst other things, and indeed, he supplied the artwork for last year’s fantastic Option Paralysis.
Joining him are drummer Dave Witte of Municipal Waste, his ex-bandmate in Burnt By The Sun John Adubato on guitars, and rounded off by Brett Bamberger of East of the Wall on bass.
Now, it’s no secret that Calculating Infinity-era purists annoy the bajeezus out of me, and I’m sure Argonauts won’t produce anything remotely like it, but I’m fine with that, and I’m looking forward to hearing Dimitri’s work once more. The band have listed themselves as “Metal / Noise / Darkwave” on Facebook, which means it’ll probably be a bit more post-metally, but don’t hold me to that. No music as of yet, but we’ll keep you posted!